Counselling can be so beneficial to improving mental health and the exciting thing about technological advancement is that now you can even access online counselling online. Online counselling has some great benefits over traditional face-to-face in-person counselling that Wellin5 clients enjoy.
Here are some of the reasons Wellin5 clients have chosen online counselling for their mental health needs:
- Privacy. Because you can access your Wellin5 counsellor from anywhere, you can enjoy quality treatment from the privacy of your own home. Our platform is secure so all your confidential records are safe. With no office to visit in person, complete discretion is assured.
- Comfort. Because you’re in control of your environment, you can set it up to make your session as comfortable as possible. Temperature, seating, lighting, you set the stage for your therapeutic support to take place in a way that feels good for you. Being comfortable in your session and having a personalized experience can help you focus better on the work you need to do.
- Speed of service. Wellin5 clients are matched with a therapist in 24-48 hours, making it easy to get the help you need when you need it. When you need to talk, waiting around can make an already stressful situation even more stressful. The good news is it doesn’t have to be that way!
- Convenient. Being able to see your therapist online is super convenient. It eliminates travel time, can be more easily fit in between other meetings and commitments and it’s handy to have a support person at just the click of a button. Also, there are no paper receipts to lose, making it easy to claim with your insurance company or as a medical expense on your income tax at the end of the year depending on your provider
- Personal connection. When you receive your counselling online, you still enjoy a personal connection with your therapist. Your therapist can still see your face, pick up on your visual cues and nothing is lost like it could be over the phone.
- Effectiveness. A study by E-Mental Health in Canada showed Internet-based delivery of mental health services can be as effective as traditional face-to-face treatment by clinical professionals. Not only is it easy, it works!
If you’re going through a difficult time, we hope you get the help you need, no matter what that looks like. That said, there are some tremendous benefits to accessing your mental health care online and at Wellin5 we would love to support your wellness through mental health telehealth. Here’s to feeling better faster!