If you are in danger or in a crisis – please do not use this site and contact a mental crisis line found at the Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention or call 911 immediately.
Collection and use of personal information
- When you use the Wellin5 Platform, update your account details, provide your billing information, provide your emergency contact information, or otherwise provide information to Wellin5, we may ask you for personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information can be used to contact you or identify you and it may include, but not limited to, your name, your email, your phone number, and your address. We may collect and use the Personal Information, either by itself or in conjunction with other information, for the following purposes:
- To create your account on the Wellin5 Platform, let you login into that account, administer your account, monitor your account, provide customer service and contact you with information, alerts, notifications, and suggestions that are related to your account;
- To let a User or Service Provider, as applicable, know your first name to communicate with you effectively using the Wellin5 Platform;
- If you are a Service Provider, to let a User know you are licensed and qualified to provide Services;
- For billing-related purposes;
- To reach out to you, either ourselves or using the appropriate authorities, if either Wellin5 or a Service Provider has a good reason to believe that you or any other person may be in danger or may be either the cause of or the victim of a criminal act; and
- Wellin5 may request information from Users about their needs, and from Service Providers, about your credentials, Services, and related information (collectively, “Profile Information”). Profile Information provided by Users may be shared with Service Providers, and Profile Information provided by Service Providers may be shared with Users or otherwise posted on the Wellin5 Platform.
- Wellin5 may collect and analyze statistical or aggregated information about Service Providers and Users which is not personally identifiable and does not contain Personal Information.
- When you use the Wellin5 Platform, Wellin5’s servers or servers of third party services automatically record information that your browser sends (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include, but not limited to, information such as your computer, Internet Protocol address, pages that you visit and the time spent on those pages, actions that you take and other statistics. We may use this information, either by itself or in conjunction with other information to monitor, analyze, and improve the use and functionality of the Wellin5 Platform and its technical operations.
- While using the Wellin5 Platform, Users may write or communicate by means of text-based communication, verbal communication, or video communication, either internally or to each other (collectively “Session Content”). The Session Content is shared with the Service Provider(s) that may work with you from time to time. The Session Content may be used, either by itself or in conjunction with other information, to (a) provide for a Service Provider provide Services to a User; (b) supervise, administer, and monitor the Services provided by a Service Provider; and/or (c) provide a means for professional supervision by qualified professionals for or on behalf of the Service Provider.
- Wellin5 may share aggregated information that does not include any Personal Information with third parties for any purpose, including but not limited to industry analysis, research, business transactions, and public relations.
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Platform, to perform certain tasks which are related to the Platform or to provide audit, legal, operational or other services for us. These tasks include, but not limited to, customer service, technical maintenance, monitoring, email management and communication, database management, billing and payment processing, reporting and analytics. When needed we may disclose information, including Personal Information, to such third parties but we will try to limit the Personal Information disclosed to the minimum necessary to perform their task.
- Wellin5 will cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties. We will disclose any information, including Personal Information, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process to protect the property and rights of ourselves or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may disclose information, including Personal Information, to take precautions against liability. Users should also be aware that Service Providers may be obliged to disclose information to law enforcement or other authorities to conform to their professional and legal responsibilities. Specifically, and without limitation, Users should be aware that the law requires mental health professionals to disclose information and/or take action in the following cases: (a) reported or suspected abuse of a child or vulnerable adult; (b) serious suicidal potential; or (c) threatened harm to another person.
- You may review, update, correct, or delete your Personal Information by contacting us or by editing that Personal Information on the Wellin5 Platform. If you would like us to delete your Personal Information or any other information from our system, please contact us with such request at firstname.lastname@example.org . Wellin5 may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for recordkeeping purposes. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, including, without limitation, some data may that may be still archived and stored offline. Wellin5 is not responsible for removing information from the third parties that we have already legitimately shared Personal Information about you.
- We have implemented the following technical safeguards to ensure the protection and maintenance of the confidentiality of all of its User data. We use password-protected computer screensavers to prevent unauthorized access. We ensure that our systems, servers, and network computers are secure from intrusion by using firewalls, intrusion detection software, antivirus software, and by encrypting all personal information. We use strong and secure passwords to make sure that only authorized employees have access to computer storage devices or to the network. We change our passwords on a regular basis. and perform external audits to safe-test our systems. We also encrypt the transmission of our audio/video during live sessions to prevent the security related problems of eavesdropping, data tampering, or message forgery. We encrypt personal as well as sensitive information stored on mobile electronic devices such as laptops and USB flash drives in line with PCI and PIPA standards. All User data is physically stored within Canada as per healthcare regulations.